Hello, fellow residents of Windsor-Essex county. My name is Josh Horan, the Founder of Bridge 2 Bridge and the Marathon of Health. The Bridge 2 Bridge began because I wanted to take my time during the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, to spread some positivity. I live in Belle River, Ontario and thought to myself during my time off work and in lockdown, “I wonder if I can run from my house to the Ambassador Bridge.”
I also wanted to help make an impact, in supporting our brothers and sisters on the frontlines as our healthcare workers. They are putting their lives on the line, spending time away from their families, doing their part in helping the world overcome Covid-19. I set an ambitious fundraising goal of $10,000 and with the help of several local members of our community, this goal became a reality.
I am proposing an annual fundraiser, commencing in 2020 to raise awareness for different causes every year. During this global pandemic and part of history, the urgency of attaining our Mega Acute care Centre for our region is all too real. However, the issue at hand is helping members our community during this crisis.
This year, our focus is going to raise awareness and funds for mental health and resources in our community. All donations and proceeds are going toward our partners: Windsor Regional Hospital Foundation, Hotel Dieu Grace Healthcare and Canadian Mental Health Association. Perhaps in the years to come, our focus can be to aid homelessness, or other issues that directly affect our community and all of us as people of this area. Our Home.
• I am an amateur runner.
• I’ve never run a marathon (the Bridge 2 Bridge Marathon of Health is approximately 6 miles short of a full Marathon).
• I exercised semi-regularly at a local gym before Covid-19 emerged.
• The run is 32 km is length. Starting at the Belle River Bridge and finishing at the foot of the Ambassador Bridge.
• I have begun to train and diet in preparation
• However, today is April 14th, 2020 and we don’t have time to waste in helping out
• I’m giving myself two weeks to train
• The Bridge to Bridge run will happen on May 1st, 2020
We would appreciate any contribution to help provide more funding towards these organizations and their various mental health programs and services. Even if it’s a share or like on social media to help spread the message. I hope to see you at the finish line.